We attract excellent employees to work at our school. TISA is an IB World School that brings together 99 full-time teachers and administrators from 18 countries - offering highly competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits packages. We are committed to safeguarding our students, and all staff working in TISA are checked for criminal records.
Announcement for the position of TISA Learning Technology Director
The International School of Azerbaijan is announcing a vacancy for the position of Learning Technology Director to start on 1st of August 2021. Qualified candidates are requested to fill in the Application Form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is 24th of January 2021. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Learning Technology Director is considered a leadership position within the management and operations structure of the school. The Learning Technology Director is responsible to the TISA Director via Primary and Secondary Principals for development and implementation of the overall technology vision and strategy including infrastructure, education curriculum-based technology, training and support for all areas and divisions—ensuring that the available technologies meet the needs of the community and are aligned with professional and best practices.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate will include but not be limited to the below:
- Take a lead role in the planning, development and implementation of a coherent approach to the integration of instructional technology across the School.
- Supervise and evaluate the school’s IT Staff and Network Manager to achieve the school goals.
- With the technology support staff, lead the school’s overall Technology Services including non-education-based systems and ensure that the department continues to meet the needs of the school.
- Oversee evaluation, implementation and ongoing service of school’s network infrastructure, toward more productive and efficient use of information and technology.
- Drive the school’s intranet and web initiatives, and ensure that they are fit for purpose, efficient, and robust.
- Develop, implement and communicate technology policies and procedures which reflect educational and business best practices, as appropriate.
- Develop a strategic budget forecast for IT infrastructure and educational needs.
- Provide sound financial management, including accurate program budget planning and fiscal accountability to ensure that the schools’ resources are effectively and properly utilised.
Skills required for the position:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in the core subject
- Proven work experience in the field of Educational Technology
- Excellent facilitator with the ability to motivate, direct, and train people and interact with others effectively
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with a strong attention to detail
- Sharp time management skills and ability to handle time-sensitive tasks
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data